TRedess Fourth Series Low Power air cooled UHF and VHF Transmitters, Translators/Transposers and Gap Fillers
The TRedess Fourth Series Low Power is a family of air cooled UHF and VHF Transmitters, Translators/Transposers and Gap Fillers (for DTT and DAB+), which bring together high-quality performance, modularity, flexibility, outstanding compactness and smart installation and operation, thanks to its all-in-a-box standalone architecture (exciter and amplifier on the same chassis). TRedess Fourth Series Low Power provides output power ranges up to 400W (500W for ATSC 1.0) and covers the DVB-T/T2, ISDB-T/Tb and ATSC 1.0/3.0 standards, for both MFN and SFN networks.
Fourth Series Gap-fillers include the TRedess’ DEEC (Doppler enhanced Echo Canceller), the best echo canceller in the market, allowing the TRedess Gap Filler to operate in SFN in very complex echo scenarios.
Fourth Series ultra-compact units (up to 75W in 1RU, up to 150W in 2RU, and up to 400W in 3RU) are ideal for scenarios with space limitation at the site. Moreover, the units are very modular, with several built-in options that can be useful for optimizing costs and space usage in multiple scenarios, like the built in GNSS receiver, built-in Satellite receiver with CAM (DVB-S/S2), built in Terrestrial input (DVB-T/T2) for retransmitters and the built-in Remux functionality (for ISDB-T). Fourth Series units include the complete local and remote control plus the Dual drive and 1+1 / N+1 redundant functionalities for increasing the system reliability.
The Ultra-Wide-Band Doherty technology leads to very important savings in energy consumption maintaining a truly smart operation and maintenance as same amplifier covers the entire UHF or VHF frequency range.
- High level of compactness:
- up to 10W/25W/40W/75W (100W for ATSC 1.0) in 1RU.
- up to 150W (AB class) / 120W (Doherty) or (200W for ATSC 1.0) in 2RU.
- up to 275W (AB class) / 400W (Doherty) or (500W for ATSC 1.0) in 3RU.
- Ultra-Wide-Band Doherty for 120W and 400W transmitters: top class energy efficiency with same HW for the entire UHF TV band (easy operation and optimization of spares).
- DVB-T/-T2, ISDB-T/-Tb and ATSC 1.0/3.0 modulations supported. MFN and SFN operation. Straightforward change from T to T2 (just with the click of a button on a display menu).
- DAB+ standard supported.
- Power supply redundancy (optional): Extractable hot-plug PSU in 275W (300W ATSC 1.0) and 400W (500W ATSC 1.0) units.
- 2xTS over IP inputs and 2xASI inputs or 2xSMPTE (default) with seamless switching.
- Digital linear and non-linear pre-correction.
- Built-in echo canceller DEEC able to guarantee: Gain Margin = 24 dB. Doppler echo cancellation. Configuration of selective window up to 37 us.
Example: cancellation of an echo 20dB higher than the signal with DEEC echo canceller, with output MER > 27dB.
- Wideband Doherty technology also available in the Fourth Series low power range (120W and 400W).
- Optional Dual Drive and 1+1 / N+1 redundancy functionality, based on distributed architecture
- No need of any additional unit for managing the commutation, saving costs, rack space and reducing points of failure, as the “intelligence” for the switching is distributed in the Transmitters of the system.
- Full remote control functionality for easy remote operation: Including smart web interface, SNMP agent and I/O contacts interface.
- Same HW for operation as SFN Gap Filler and MFN Transposer.
- Optional built-in Terrestrial RF input (DVB-T/T2): Allowing for DVB-T2 SFN
- Regenerative transposer operation based on T2-MI + Mode A encapsulation.
- Multiple PLP supported (up to 8 PLP) in DVB-T2.
- Additional SFN GPS-free operation with BTS-rate-lock in ISDB-T/Tb.
- Built-in GNSS receiver option.
- Optional built-in Satellite (DVB-S/S2) input with CAM
- DEEC Echo canceller: Gain Margin 24dB / Very flexible Echo cancellation system (based on a 16 cancellation windows up to 37.5 us) / Doppler Effect cancellation
Smart Web Interface
Cancellation Window System
Advantages & Benefits
- The key advantages of the TRedess Fourth Series Low Power are its compactness, the very easy installation and operation, plus the outstanding RF performance of both, transmitters and Gap Fillers.
- Units are also compact and very modular (hence cost-scalable), due to several optional built-in options: like GNSS receivers, DVB-T/T2 input, DVB-S/S2 input, etc.
- The system reliability is also high as Dual Drive, 1+1 and N+1 redundancy configurations are available as well as Power supply redundancy.
- Very intuitive graphical interface allowing a full control and operation of the transmitter, with a real time display of the output spectrum, Efficiency, MER and Shoulder values, both locally and remotely.
- TRedess Gap Fillers are also an interesting source of cost savings as, due to include the Best echo canceller available on the market (allowing the cancellation of high echo levels and multipath echoes with an optimum output MER quality), permits:
- TRedess Gap Filler to operate in SFN in scenarios where other manufacturers would only be able to install a Transmitte, what is clearly leading to significant cost savings in the site.
- being able to use a higher output power on the same Gap Filler site hence reaching a bigger coverage
- a more stable operation at the site, so long term performance of the Gap filler is not affected by the fluctuations of the input signal new echoes appearing, etc.