Software update - Ferncast's new aixtream software release, version 1.11.4
Ferncast announced the successful integration of aixtream software by Hessicher Rundfunk (hr) and the release of the new version 1.11.4
Hessischer Rundfunk is using aixtream for OTT streaming and their main online programs are distributed with aixtream
Hessischer Rundfunk (Frankfurt) entirely restructured and modernized its encoding and has been using Ferncast’s aixtream software since September 2020 for this purpose. 6 radio programs of hr, including its regional variants and event programs, are now being encoded and handed over to the CDN provider using aixtream. For this purpose, the streams are made available in various bitrates as mp3 Icecast as well as AAC HLS. This variety of formats ensures that the listeners can always receive the hr program in the best possible quality even when their internet reception may be poor. Ferncast and hr are looking forward to more collaborations in the future.
Ferncasts software solution aixtream is a scalable software, running as server or VM installation. It is constantly being improved and new features are added.
Version 1.11.4 was recently released. New features include:
- AAC: Is now available in a more affordable integration if prefered by the customer.
- MP3: Customizability of the encoder increased to handle a broader set of use cases.
- AES67: Multichannel support expanded, enabling simpler in/output of multichannel signals.
- Applet scripts: Now support HTTP based WebHook messages.
- Archive: More file types supported, enabling a greater range of audio types as source file.
- File recording: Greater number of placeholders are supported for automatic file name generation.
- HLS: Improved error handling in HTTP upload and failover behavior.
- UI: Metadata objects and user objects can be cloned.
- Aside from these, other features have been added or improved in version 1.11.4 and as always bugs continue to be fixed.
- aixtream version 1.11.4 is already available to the customer base.