Netmodule Railway Routers
Netmodules range of routers for mobile network data and voice communication in the railway sector includes modular products that can be used for a variety of applications such as passenger information or passenger WiFi. From simple LTE connections to the vehicle to a complex communication platform with 5G, up to six LTE Advanced, GSM-R or WiFi – we have the right product for your application.
Thanks to intelligent routing and link management software, the network infrastructure can access up to four network operators’ networks simultaneously or for fallback purposes.
On-board systems, too, can be easily integrated into the IP network by means of various interface extensions.
All routers are CE-compliant (RED) and have railway type approval (EN 50155, EN 45545). In addition, the NB3800 is ITxPT-compliant.
Focussing on the features of the NB3800, you can provide your passengers with an internet connection while deploying reliable network access for on-board electronics. The smart Link Manager in the router software automatically bundles the various cellular links based on their current network availability and priority. In combination with 4x SIM, total bandwidth and availability are maximized. IP-based on-board electronics devices can either be connected directly via the integrated 5-port switch or via Gigabit Ethernet using a ring topology.
Powerful WiFi modules can be used for passenger WiFi and for offloading data at the depot. The router platform offers numerous expansion options, such as GSM-R, GNSS, CAN, IBIS, digital I/O, RS-232, RS-485, 1 TB SSD, and audio. With SDK-based or virtualization-based programming, sophisticated applications such as Edge Computing can be efficiently realized.
- 2x 5G-NR or 2x LTE Advanced Pro or 4x LTE, UMTS, GSM, GSM-R, 4x mini-SIM
- 1x Dual Band IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (Wi-Fi 5) and Bluetooth 4.2 in access-point mode
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet, 3x Fast Ethernet, 1x USB 2.0
- 2x extension for additional interfaces such as RS-232, RS-485, digital I/O, IBIS, CAN, audio, ...
- Multi-GNSS via Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
- Up to 1 TB SSD memory expansion
- Software: Routing, Network Services, VPN, firewall, link management, supervisor, CAPWAP, MQTT, FSM2IP, SDK, Linux Container (LXC); free updates
- Operating environment: -40 °C/-40 °F to +70 °C/+158 °F (EN 50155 class OT4/ST0), IP40 (optionally IP65)
- Input voltage: 24 VDC to 48 VDC or 72 VDC to 110 VDC
- Conformity: CE (RED), railway type approval (EN 50155, EN 45545), ITxPT, road type approval (UN ECE R118, UN ECE R10) on request
The NB3800 is ITxPT-compliant, making it a router platform for public transportation that is geared to the needs of the future.
Application areas are:
Passenger Wifi, Passenger Infotainment, Video surveillance(CCTV), Voice Communication adn eMobility