Signal Maintenance - On Track with Bird Railhawk Railway RF Cable & Antenna Analyzer
Bird’s new Railway RF Cable & Antenna Analyzer solution provides a comprehensive kit that allows technicians to maintain high quality service networks in the railway industry. Based on the need of redundant communications, Bird’s Cable & Antenna Analyzer increases reliability and assures maintainability for communication protocols targeted in railway space. Designed to help novice and expert users, our easy to use analyzer finds problems before they become time-consuming, expensive repairs.
- Test RF cables & antennas at the frequency of operation, not at DC where problems are masked
- Locate RF cable, connector & antenna problems at the source
- FDR (frequency Domain Reflectometry) pinpoints faults at the frequency of operation, unlike other measurement techniques which can mask pending failures of critical system components
- Distance to Fault (DTF) mode can plot VSWR or Return Loss levels at each distance point along the cable and antenna system length
- Cable Loss function measures insertion loss of the cable system over a given frequency range
- OTG USB communication port for connection to Bird power sensors, storage devices and battery charging
- Determine if your GSM-R & LTE radio RF cables and antennas are the source of your problem.
- Check your PTC (positive train control) system (220 MHz).
- Diagnose antenna and cable problems in fixed, trackside radio infrastructure, and on-board rolling stock
- Accurately pinpoint coaxial cable faults, minimizing downtime associated with removing furniture, panels and bulkheads.
- Early identification of degraded cable performance due to moisture ingress, permitting planned maintenance instead of emergency repairs.