Jianghai energy capacitors
What are energy capacitors?
In times of e-mobility and generally when storing energy, often the energy storage devices are the limiting components in an application. Good ideas are rejected and potential is given away if the required energy can not be provided. This is exactly where energy capacitors are used. The concept is divided into two key technologies with completely individual characteristics.
Why and when are Energy Capacitors an interesting posibility?
- Short charge down time 24/7 operations
- Lower Weight to carry more load
- Many Cycles long lifetime less costs in longer term
- High Currents possible for quick charge and high loads
- High Safety no ristrictions when used in aircrafts
- Ideal for application where you regenerate energy
- Quick power to overcome power peaks on the grid
The basic technology is the classic Electric Double Layer capacitor (also known as Supercap or Ultracap). This technology is based on the storage of charge in the characteristic double layer. Two symmetrically arranged activated carbon electrodes are used, which are optimally suited to form a double layer.
Lithium capacitors are a further development of the EDLCs. Here, the cathode electrode is replaced by a lithium ion doped graphite electrode, similar to a lithium ion battery. The asymmetric design optimizes the capacitance formation of the electrodes. This allows much higher capacitance value than previously possible with EDLC technology. This closes the gap between capacitor and battery.
Field of applications examples:
- AGV and Industrial Trucks
- Energy Storage and Backup
- Energy Harvesting
- Smart Meter and Power Tools