Electric charging system with super capacitors for mobile consumers
Problem: Battery technology today
- Based on a chemical reaction => inherently slow, time consuming => causing dead time,
- Burden for the environment and the grid,
- No alternative to combustion engines (power density),
- charging from 0% to 100% takes at least 1 hour.
Solution: deploying latest Supercapacitors with SwissCapTech
- based on a physical process, thus extremely fast
- very low environmental impact and no strain on the power grid
- alternative to combustion engines => extremely high performance possible
- with SwissCapTech: charging from 0% to 100% in 2-6 minutes
The SwissCapTech solution
A new and disruptive technology which enables large amounts of electric energy to be transmitted from a charging station to a mobile energy storage within a very short time.
Difference: Converter vs. Energy Storage
- Conventional chargers as fast as the grid permits
- Li-Ion Capacitors
- Very fast independent Energy Transmission
Regular balancing Systems
SuperCaps charge SuperCaps
Supercapacitors store energy through a physical process
Chemical batteries store energy through a chemical process
Supercapacitors can transfer energy at high charging rates
SuperCap as Core Element
- Supercapacitors charge Supercapacitors
- Always in the optimal range
- Balancing without losses
Always in the optimal range
Combination of the Li-Ion Capacitors
Batteries vs. Li-Ion Caps
Benefits of SwissCapTech solution
- The charging station as a buffer:
- Investments in the grid can be avoided,
- SwissCapTech-System combine mobile- and charging application
- Minimal waiting time = “dead time killer“
- Transport systems
- Construction Sites
- Electric Tools
- Mobile power consumers can be used almost all the time:
- No planning of charging times, no replacement batteries, no battery swapping.
Why the Swisscaptech Solution?
- A proven and tested technique that works
- Support to create an application together
- Collaboration delivers results faster and more useful applications quickly
- The capacity of our energy network can hardly follow the growth of applications
- There are similar challenges all over Europe
Technology – IP Swisscaptech
- Step-by-step charging to protect the charging electronics and the charging cables
Patent 1: Method and system for charging mobile ultracaps (P26563CH00)
- Balancing / switching the cells from parallel to serial
Patent 2: Method and system for maximum capacity utilization (P26617CH00)
- Very fast charging process
Patent 3 : Quick charging process and unit (P26834CH00)
Interested in further developments?
At this moment (july 22) we are busy making a demo model. We expect it to be ready soon.
If you are interested in trying it out, or if you have any other questions, please contact one of our experts!