Standex Meder Position Sensor for Exact Window Sun-Shades Control
Many households and businesses have now been going over to the use of programmable shutters/blinds/shades where their exact position can be programmed and later executed to that position with the use of a wireless remote. Because the sun position changes throughout the day, it may play a role in how it affects the people in the house or business. One watching the television may be bothered by too much sunlight coming into the room; one trying to make a presentation in a boardroom where, again, the sun is playing a role letting too much light into the room may swamp out the presenting images. Designers have chosen reed sensors as a key component in carrying out their programmable shade designs…
- Magnet and Reed Sensor are isolated and have no physical contact by typically having the magnet mounted to a rotating disk, and the Reed Sensors are mounted strategically to a PCB, such that the magnetic field of magnet will be sensed with each rotation of the disk.
- The reed switch used in the Reed Sensors is hermetically sealed and is therefore not sensitive to its surrounding environment
- The magnet is not affected by high and low temperature environments
- Tens of millions of reliable operations
- Surface mounting and through hole mounting
- Contacts dynamically tested