Reed Switches – Switch Green
The Reed Switch does not require any power to hold in either open or closed state. A permanent magnet is used to change the state of the Reed Contacts. No seperate power supply is required. Saves up to 250 Mio. Kwh/Year compared to semiconductors. It reduces CO2 Emmision up to 132.000 t/Year.
With no wearing parts, load switching under 5 volts at 10mA, the Reed Switch will reliably operate into the billions of operations for an extended life expectancy.
The environmental topic is very important for all stages of the value chain. Especially for the environmentally friendly materials that Reed switches are made of. They are ROHS compliant and therefore they contain neither lead nor mercury. The efficient use of raw materials and energy is both ecologiacally and economically sensible and relieves the environment.
Minimal Resources Needed
The Reed Switch is so small and made with so few components that it requires minimal natural resources and reduces e-waste.
The simple construction of the Reed Switch makes it very easy to recycle. The Reed Contacts of are made of metal and the switch seal is made of glass both of which are easily recognizable and recyclable.
KOFU Reed Switches
- Japanese Quality Assurance
- Widest product range 7mm – 21mm
- World smallest high current Reed Switch
- Miniature Offset Reed Switch
- Form C Reed Switch
- Largest global production volume >500M/year
- Meet high voltage/breakdown requirements
- Automotive grade Reed Switches
MEDER Reed Switches
- Mechanized manufacturing in Germany
- World´s smallest Reed Switch with 3.95mm glass length
- Reed Switch testing, sorting and forming
- Paddle oriented
- SMD manufacturing
- Various dimensions of tape and reel
- Full equipped Reed Technology engineering center
- Well-equipped tool shop
- Unique flat blade ideal for surface mounting
KENT Reed Switches
- Manufactured in the United Kingdom
- Pressureized-Rhodium-Reed Switches
- 14mm high power Reed Switch
- Helix SMD Reed Switches
- Highly automated
- Application in a wide variety of markets
- Tape and reel packaging
- Test equipment and automation design
Environmentally Friendly Applications
Sustainability plays more and more and important role for technological progress. Standex Electronics products for sustainable, environmentally friendly and efficient applications can be found in nearly all major markets segments including Industrial, Telecommunications, Test-and-Measurement, Security, Automotive, and Medical. Standex Electronics Reed Switch, Relays and Sensor products are especially suitable for Green applications that must be environmentally friendly, sustainable and reduce energy consumption.