Ethernet IDC termination terminal blocks for IoT
Wired IoT connection.
Internet of Things (IoT) is the central term for constant change. More and more electronic applications will be connected to the internet. This is the digitalization of products, production technologies and processes, also known as Industry 4.0. This enables communication between people, machines and products.
The METZ CONNECT terminals suitable for Industrial Ethernet offer an interesting alternative to RJ45 and M12 connectors. Also Power over the Ethernet(PoE) applications are possible by using this connector. An 8-pin IDC from METZ CONNECT can be use with a data transfer rate up to 10Gbit/s and a max current >4A, single and stranded wire from AWG22 to AWG24 can be applied. The IDC system is a well-known connection method in the electronic market. The advantage by using this connection that it is field installable and you don’t need special tools to connect your product. The color coding makes it even easier to connect your product in the field, this reduces the total cost of ownership for your product.
- connection technology for the IoT and Ethernet devices of the future
- suitable for industrial ethernet systems
- up to 10 Gbit/s data transmission
- color coding for wire colors according to T568A
- component reduction enables a cost-effective solution
- stripping-free connection technology
- easy to install connection without special tools