AEM Network Service Assistant
Network Service Assistant
A New Class of Hybrid Testing
No longer do users have to decide between the purchase of a qualification network tester or a cable certifier, the Network Service Assistant bridges the gap, and provides users with a Hybrid solution with significant cost savings.
Due to an increased reliance on network-connected technologies in the enterprise, IT departments now require a cable test tool that fills the gap between network qualification and certification categories without breaking the bank. This new category of test tool is being referred to as Qualification+. AEM's new Network Service Assistant (NSA) is the first Qualification+ test tool on the market that provides enterprise IT departments with features that approach what professional cabling contractor certification tools can measure at a much lower price-point. Let's learn more about AEM's NSA tool from a high-level and why its Certi-Lite feature puts the "+" in Qualification+.
Network Service Assistant Advantages
- Certi-Lite – Single-ended ANSI/TIA 1152-A complaint RF testing involving the measurement of complex cable parameters such as Return Loss, NEXT, Insertion Loss, ACRF, length, delay, shield discontinuity, and graphical TDR analysis of faults.
- Autotest feature – Autotest is the easiest and most reliable way to ensure that cabling links will support the desired network rate with a clear Pass/Fail indication and allows saving of test results.
- PoE Load Testing – All PoE standards, which include 802.3 af/at/bt and UPOE are supported for reporting of PSE configuration and full load testing with reporting of Current/Wattage/Voltage. In addition, it also allows for sustained loading of the PoE source over longer periods to identify hard to find intermittent power drops, through external loads.
- Multi-gig Link Speed Testing – TestPro is capable of validating a link to ensure Ethernet can be supported at 1/2/5/5/10GBASE-T. It can perform SNR measurements while under traffic and PoE load, ensuring confidence that a cabling link will support the desired network rate.
- Network Connectivity Testing – TestPro can connect to a live Ethernet network through the 10/100/1000 network interface connector, or via WiFi (Edimax EW-7822ULC Wi-Fi USB adapter required). Once connected, NSA will auto-discover connected devices on the network. You can Ping any other device to verify connectivity with traceroute and measure latency.
- Wi-Fi Testing – NSA can auto-discover all 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi SSIDs and their associated RSSI values (received power level). This is helpful in discovering Wi-Fi "dead zones" and checking Wi-Fi connectivity with optional Edimax EW-7822ULC Wi-Fi USB Adapter.
- Industry's Best Warranty – All NSA's come with a full 2-year warranty from date of purchase – proof of our confidence in the quality and reliability of our instruments.