VeEX® Announces New High-Precision Multi-Band Multi-GNSS Receiver Module
VeEX Inc., a global leader in innovative test and measurement solutions for next-generation networks, formally announced the general availability of the first field-oriented high-precision multi-band, multi-constellation GNSS receiver module for its handheld test platforms.
Fully compatible with VeEX’s TX300s test platform, the small receiver card can be plugged into any existing unit, as a new addition or to upgrade older receivers.
Key features include:
- Supports up to eight concurrent satellite frequency bands, including GPS (L1C/A, L2C), GLONASS (L1OF, L2OF), Galileo (E1B/C, E5b), and BeiDou (B1I, B2I)
- Receiver supports up to 184 channels
- Improved 1PPS accuracy and stability
- Ionospheric error compensation multi-path mitigation, and improved jamming and spoofing resiliency
- Higher accuracy, stability and lower phase jitter
- Fully independent from the Atomic Clock (no costly replacement required)
- Improved graphical user interface (GUI)
Applications like 5G mobile, DAA/R-PHY, and the latest PTP-related timing standards continue to tighten the requirements for better timing accuracy, resolution, stability, repeatability, and reliability and it all starts with the traceable reference. Multi-band GNSS technology is the best commercially available solution to meet these timing requirements today.
“Besides large national metrology labs, we all rely on global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) as the traceable source for accurate timing and frequency references. That could not be truer to field test equipment,” said Ildefonso Polo, VP of Product Marketing at VeEX. “Customers continue to demand better performance, accuracy and repeatability, even in challenging environments such as urban canyons and temporary window installation. VeEX pioneered the use of GPS receivers with its first family of handheld platforms in the early 2000’s and continues to innovate and lead the industry.”